We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat personal information we collect from you through the website.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your visits to and use of this website;
• information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services or those of third parties which are made available through our website or services;
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications;
and any other content you submit to us via the website or our services (collectively, “Your Content”), such as comments, enquiries, marketing preferences, and other information concerning your use of the website or our services.
2. Information about website visits
• We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
• Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
This processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services.
3. Using your personal data
• process your orders, register and administer your user account, and enable you to login and use the website and our services (this processing is undertaken on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you);
• if you purchase a third party’s product through our website or service, we may disclose your name and/or email address to that third party if such disclosure is required in order to allow you to obtain and use a licence key for that product from that third party (this processing is undertaken on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you);
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services);
• send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology (this processing is undertaken either where necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you, or in pursuit of our legitimate interest in helping you to make the best use of our products and services);
• send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at [email protected]) (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services); and
• to generally run and improve the website and our services (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services).
We may also process your personal data for the following purposes:
Moderation and public information
In connection with user posting, commenting and reviewing or similar functionality (where this functionality is made available), certain of Your Content may be shared with other users or become publicly available. You may be able to select, in some cases, specific recipients (for example, if you are posting a comment to a particular group only) and then only those recipients will receive it, however, in all other cases, the information may be made publically available.
To help us to improve the service and fix problems
We may process Your Content so we can analyse and improve our services, and also for us to develop new services. As part of this we may also share this information with suppliers who may assist us.
This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests of: (i) ensuring our services function properly so you and other users have the best experience; (ii) improving the quality of our services, and providing a better experience to our users; and (iii) identifying and correcting any bugs or problems with the service.
To respond to your enquiries and requests for support
As part of this we may also share Your Content with suppliers who may assist us with managing support queries.
For the above purposes, processing is carried out so we can perform our contractual obligations (being our terms with you) and in pursuit of our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests to respond to your queries and requests for support.
To help us to understand your usage of the Online Services
We may process Your Content to understand how users use our services, and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity, as well as understanding how users access content in our services. This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests in continually improving the services, understanding and fixing problems (such as when users may be unable to easily access or enjoy content) and to improve our future products and services.
To prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
To keep you up to date
Where you have consented, or where it is otherwise lawful to do so, we may use Your Content to send you emails in order to keep you informed of news and products. You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know by email
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Antispam Policy
A registered user is added to our Newsletter Subscribers database when he/she leaves the “Yes. I want to subscribe to the DABROmusic newsletter” option ON, on our registration page. After completing our registration process which involves clicking an activation link sent to his/her email account the user becomes a Newsletter Subscriber. Our email communication with our Newsletter Subscribers is based solely on their permission.
What Is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE). It involves emails sent to users who:
• Have no association with the sender
• Have registered an account but not opted in to receive commercial emails
• Have previously opted in but then opted out of receiving commercial emails
It is also email communications without a valid reply-to address.
DABROmusic do not send spam – ever. The goal of our existing email communications is to inform our Newsletter Subscribers of the new audioware releases. Our Newsletters include the links to our new products, information about promotions and latest news from our industry.
We cooperate with other businesses that target similar audiences as ours – they send our newsletters to their opted-in subscriber base. We are very careful about the antispam practices of these businesses and never cooperate with companies that are outside the scope of our audience or our industry or which have an unclear Antispam Policy.
We do not sell or distribute (for financial gain or for free) or otherwise disclose any partner or customer e-mail addresses to any third parties except when legally required.
Every newsletter contains an Unsubscribe link at the top of the message.
There are situations which by their own nature require us to send you emails. These include:
• Sending a message to your emailbox with the link to activate your account at DABROmusic
• Sending you invoices for each completed transaction on our website.
• Sending you emails concerning technical, legal and support matters.
Please make sure you do not flag DABROmusic as ‘Spam’ or ‘Unsolicited’ in your email application. When you register and do not find an activation email in your inbox, check your spam folder.
When you get in contact with us (for example by email or via a form on the website) we will keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can improve the website.
5. Cookies, Beacons and Tracking
Our website uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and mobile device by software that you install. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google or providers of advertising services.
Authentication – To log you into our website and service and keep you logged in (as necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).
Preferences – To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration (as necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).
Analytics – To help us understand how you use our website and services, and how often, so we can improve them to deliver a better experience for our users. To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services. In each case, in pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our products and services.
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ use of the website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies, but parts of the website may not work properly.
6. Other disclosures
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• if we buy or sell, or are negotiating the purchase or sale, of any business or assets, in which case your personal information may be shared with the purchaser or seller for that purpose (such processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interests in dealing in the purchase or sale of such business or assets).
We may anonymise information about you (so that you cannot be identified from it by third parties) and provide that information to third parties for the purposes of marketing analysis or to market the website or our services (for example, by letting our business partners know that 50 male individuals from a particular country viewed their product during a particular time period).
7. International data transfers
8. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We will not ask you for your passwords.
9. Data retention
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary.
We do not knowingly solicit information from, or market to, children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email.
11. Policy amendments
12. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
13. Financial Information
The website does not store your credit card and payment details on our server. The website retains details of your purchases and purchased products in your profile, but no sensitive details relating to your payment methods are stored or handled by DABROmusic.